Tuesday, February 06, 2007

8/365 Sick Pup





SO, naturally, I would have a dog that gets a sinus infection. Yes. a Sinus infection.

My poor baby was up almost the whole night Saturday night dry hacking and sneezing. He has a runny nose, and is really congested.

I called the after hours doctor at 4am asking what I should do (note the maternal instincts? heh). The said it sounds like an upper respiratory infection and could be kennel cough. I should bring him in right away. The cost would be $88.

So I decided to try to get him to calm down and get some sleep. It worked. Em took him into his bed and snuggled with him till he fell asleep. In the morning I decided that the $88 was a lot just to SEE him... not including any tests or medication. I had a brilliant idea to check petsmart vet clinics. I found one near Ridgmar that is open on Sunday. I took him in at noon when they opened.

A young kid was the pet tech (i was skeptical). He checked him out and said I needed to have his bloodwork done, so they can see if it is a virus or an infection. So my $33 visit got upcharged a bit. Then he needed to do a fecal. Add a few more $. The vet finally came in(I was relieved there actually WAS a vet) and said he had a sinus infection and needed antibiotics.

The lil pup is doing much better now, 3 days into the meds - and is slowly gaining more energy. He has been cuddling a lot on the couch. He loves burrowing under the flannel. No joke he laid like this himself. I love it.

Let's hope Charlie is all better soon.

No comments: